2. Our Marching Band will be a place where our students will learn values and standards, where they must learn to depend on one another in their pursuit of their excellence.
3. Collectively, our instructional staff is committed to teaching the students to be team players, how to fit into a community, and how to do their fair share.
4. Our Marching Band curriculum is committed to teaching the students to trust and respect themselves and appreciate the others that are participating with them.
5. Each performance is a special opportunity where students experience a sense of community and realize that the “sum of who they are, is far greater than any one individual.”
6. The instructors and students will be dedicated to the work ethic and professionalism necessary to achieve excellence.
7. Our Marching Band does NOT participate in competitions or evaluations to “win” a trophy. Rather, it provides our students the opportunity to perform to the best of their ability, the opportunity for critical evaluation for future improvement, and for an audience who is present specifically to appreciate their performance.
8. Our approach to our instruments, music, and performance will be the same in all aspects of our music education curriculum.
9. The students will accept responsibility for the quality of their performance. All criticism will be accepted and done in a constructive and positive manner that results in a successful scenario.
10. The members and instructors of our marching band realize that a well-rounded instrumental music education program consists of Concert Ensembles, Full Orchestra, Jazz Ensemble, Chamber Ensembles, Winter Guard, Music Theory, and Marching Band. Our Marching Band is viewed as just one of many important performance ensembles in our music education curriculum.